Deposition/Processing lab: Facilities for chemical synthesis and manipulation of organic, hybrid and 2D materials supplemented with a big library of chemicals in store, accompanied by a S2S pilot line for the development and in-situ electrical characterization of printed electronic devices. Nitrogen-filled glove boxes pilot line: The devices fabrication and characterization pilot line consists of three fully automatic controlled glove boxes (MBraun LABmaster Pro & Dyenamo DN-HM05 )
The solvent glove box equipped with spin coater (MB-SC-200), microbalance (Shimadzu-AP125WD), UV/ozone cleaner (MB-UV-O3) and hot plates.
- The solvent glove box dedicated to carbon based PVs equipped with spin coater (DN-HMO4), hotplates, oven and screen printer.
The dry glove box with integrated metal evaporation system (MB-EcoVap) containing 4 different sources and equipped with a quartz window and electric feedthroughs which allow the in situ current-voltage testing inside the glove box. An AAA Newport solar simulator and computer-controlled SMU units for solar cell efficiency measurement are available.
Benchtop centrifuges, Rotary evaporators, Multi-Hotplate Stirrers, Ultrasonic probes/baths
Three fume hoods for synthesis and manipulation of organic, hybrid and nanocomposite materials
Characterization lab: The characterization lab is equipped with a comprehensive suite of optical, surface and electrical measurement tools to analyse material and device properties. Also, advanced equipment for PV device analysis is available.
- Arkeo All in one measurement platform, Cicci Research with the following capabilities: a) Photo-CELIV, b) impedance-spectroscopy, c) transient-photovoltage/current, d) MPPT tracker, e) Transient EL spectroscopy and f) thermal resolved analysis.
- QE-R EnliTech Quantum Efficiency/ IPCE Measurement System
- Park XE7 AFM platform, which Includes the Scanning Kelvin Probe Microscopy (SKPM), Dynamic Contact EFM (DC-EFM) and Piezoresponse Force Microscopy (PFM) modes
- FS5 Spectrofluorometer Edinburgh Instruments for Time resolved photoluminescence (TRPL) measurements
- Probe station EPS150TRIAX, Cascade Microtech: Enable I-V measurements at fA level
- Infinity PV ISOS test laboratory for testing of PVs under the ISOS-D-1/2/3, ISOS-L-1/2/3, ISOS-O-1/2/3 protocols. 40-channel system used for recording conditions (temperature, light intensity and humidity) and weather data.
- InfinityPV Ultrafast laser beam induced current (LBIC) mapping system to evaluate PV cells and modules after continuous operation.
- All in one Agilent B1500A Semiconductor Analyzer supporting current-voltage (I-V), capacitance-voltage (CV) and pulse/dynamic IV measurements.
- FR Basic, Thetametrisis: Film Characterization (thickness, optical properties), Reflectance measurement tool.
- Van der Pauw Ecopia HMS-3000 Hall Measurement System. 4-probe method for calculating electrical conductivity, mobility & sheet resistance of films under study.
- FOM Technologies Mini Roller: Slot-die coating and flexographic printing on flexible substrates
- Zehnter Automatic Film Applicator ZAA with heated substrate in an MBraun glove box
- AT-25PA Digital Electric Flat Screen Printer for high accuracy screen-printining
- Diener Atto plasma unit
- Pneumatic Heat Press, Greatcell
Open-air lab: Supporting infrastructure, such as power electronics and automatic data acquisition systems for the continuous monitoring of the performance of PV panels to provide a better understanding of their reliability and on top of that for the performing a benchmarking with traditional PV technologies, such as Silicon. A dedicated weather station together with a data acquisition system continuously monitors the environmental data, such as wind speed and direction, sun irradiation, humidity, and temperature in real time.
- Solar array and panel-level outdoor performance continuous monitoring, including current-voltage curves
- Field I-V curves for modules, strings, and arrays.
- Simulation for grid-connected energy generation
- Correlation studies to environmental conditions: irradiation, temperature, humidity, wind speed and direction
- Benchmarking with commercially available solar panels, Copper Indium Gallium Selenide (CIGS), Cadmium Telluride (CdTe), Polycrystalline Silicon (Poly-Si) and Bifacial Si panels.
- Recording of real-time PV performance data at the maximum power point